Out of all the things that I cook, this Zucchini Pie Recipe is the number one recipe that I get asked to share!
My mother in law gave me this recipe over 15 years ago and I have been making it ever since. It has become a favorite side at Thanksgiving and an easy weeknight meal with the addition of a salad and some bread.
I shortened the recipe a bit to fit on our custom recipe towel but have written it in detail below. Enjoy!
4 large zucchinis, shredded
1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup Bisquick
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 stick melted butter
3/4 – 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp Season Salt
Large handful parsley, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13 x 19 inch baking dish.
- In a food processor, shred zucchini. You can also shred zucchini with a hand shredder. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a food processor fitted with a blade, pulse onion and parsley until very finely chopped or even almost pureed. You can also chop both the onion and parsley by hand but I have found the food processor to be faster and I prefer the texture. Transfer into the bowl with zucchini.
- Lightly beat eggs in a small bowl.
- Add Bisquick, melted butter, parmesan cheese, eggs, season salt, salt and pepper to your bowl with the shredded zucchini, onion and parsley. Mix
- Add mixture to your greased baking dish and bake for 40. minutes or until lightly brown on the top.
You can make a day ahead if serving as a Thanksgiving side and reheat at 325
Do you have a favorite recipe that you’d like to see on a personalized recipe towel? Share yours with us for a chance to be featured on our blog and win a keepsake towel to enjoy for years to come! Share your recipe to psychobabyonline(at)gmail.com