Spring has sprung and sprouted a fresh crop of cool, crazy baby names!
3 hot trends we noticed this month:
- Double letters appearing unexpectedly: We’re looking at you, surprise “H” in Johsh and surprise “Y” in Jaiylyn!
- Actually, let’s give Y its own shout-out for showing up in this month’s Jayan, Zayen, Zahryn, Ashtyn, Merryl and the cool Mariely.
- Looks like Z is here to stay. Z names keep popping up on our list, and this month is no exception with Mr. Zayen and the ladies Zandria and Zahryn.
Will the Z trend come out victorious at the end of the year? We’re guessing maybe. Check back next month to see what happens in April! And if you’ve got a P’Baby with a radical name then let us know or at least let us print a cool personalized baby gift for ’em!
Check out February’s coolest baby names here
Check out January’s coolest baby names here
The 20 coolest baby names of January seemed impossible to beat, but lo and behold we saw some major name realness in February!
3 rad trends we noticed this month:
- Girls rocking some amazing non-girly names: Collins, Halston & Sivan were our faves!
- Boys coming back strong with names we’ve seriously NEVER seen before: Mackland, Nieko, and Dreiden win big on creativity!
- Z doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon! We called Z names out in January and sure enough, Zeb and Zarine popped up on Feb’s top 20!
Will the Z trend continue for March? Check back next month to find out! And as always, if you’ve got a kiddo with a radical name then let us know or at least let us print a cool personalized baby gifts for ’em!
Our customers never fail to come through with the most creative, cool and crazy names. We picked our 20 favorite names from January – whether you’re looking for some name inspo for a P’Baby on the way or just seeing what other parents are choosing to call their littles, this month’s 20 coolest names are definitely some of the most unique we’ve ever seen!
3 rad trends we noticed this month:
- Z is where it’s at! We didn’t even have room to include all the cool “Z” names we saw this month, but we had to give a shout-out to Zephana, Zikaya, Ziara and Zahin.
- Viva la rock & roll! Mostly for boys, we saw tons of name nods to classic rock, including two of this month’s picks: Halen & Jagyr!
- Y? Because we LOVE Y! The biggest trend we noticed was adding a Y to names or replacing one or more vowels with a Y. This month, Y showed up unexpectedly in 50% of our top 20 names: Pyra, Tayt, Allyn, Bostyn, Jagyr, Rhylan, Aeryn, Sylas, Ryne, and Blayke!
Got a new baby with a super rad name? Check out all our personalized baby gifts and as always, be sure to share if you know a P’Baby or kiddo with an awesome name!
Celebrity baby names just keep getting better (& weirder) every year! While we will always have a soft spot for baby Apple, little Suri and good old Pilot Inspektor, here is our Super Epic list of 2016’s Quirkiest Celeb Baby Names (from A-Z!)
- Arrow Rhodes (girl) – one of Jensen and Danneel Ackles twins
- Auden James Ellis boy – Kelsey Grammer and wife Kayte
- Ashe Olsen Myers (boy) – Seth Meyers and wife Alexi Ashe
- A’mei Kazuko Grandberry (girl) – Omarion and Apryl Jones
- Amada Lee Gosling (girl) – actress Eva Mendes and dreamboat Ryan Gosling
- Boomer (boy) – Michael Phelps and his wife Nicole
- Caleb Kelechi Asomugha (boy) – Kerry Washington and husband Nnamdi Asomugha
Deveraux Octavian Basil Jagger
- Daisy Josephine Sudeikis – actress Olivia Wilde and actor Jason Sudeikis
- Deveraux Octavian Basil Jagger (boy) – Mick Jagger and his girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Dream Renee Kardashian – Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian
- Dusty Rose Levine – Singer Adam Levine and model Behati Prinsloo
- Dimitri Portwood Kutcher (boy) – Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis
- Elias (boy) – Michael Buble and wife Luisana Lopilato
- Exodus Simmons (boy) – DMX & girlfriend Desiree Lindstrom
- Florence May King (girl) – Joe King of the Fray and wife Candice Accola
- Frances Laiz Setta Schenkkan (girl) – Morena Baccarin and Ryan Atwood (ok, Ben McKenzie)
- Georgia James – “Step by Step” actress Christine Lakin and husband Brandon Breault
- Greyson Valor Mathews – Jenni “JWoww” Farley and husband Roger Mathews
- Hero (boy) – Terrence Howard and his wife, Mira Pak
- Heiress Harris (girl) – rapper T.I. and (as of now) wife Tameka Harris
- Isaiah Sion Robert Nesta Marley – Orly Agai and husband Ziggy Marley
- Izzy Oona Murphy (girl) – Eddie Murphy and girlfriend Paige Butcher
- Journey River (boy) — Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green
- Kirra Max Bohan (girl) – actress Audrina Patridge and husband Corey Bohan
- Luna Simone – Chrissy Teigen and singer John Legend
- Leonardo Ángel Charles Baldwin – actor Alec Baldwin and wife Hilaria
- Lula Rose (girl) – Liv Tyler and fiance Dave Gardner
- Mabel – Russell Brand
- Major James Martino (boy) – Eva Amurri and her husband, Kyle Martino,
- Minka Jagger (girl) – “Shark Tank” star Daymond John and girlfriend Heather Taras
- Ode Mountain DeLorenzo Malone (boy) – “Hunger Games” actress Jena Malone
- Onyx Solace (girl) – Alanis Morissette and husband Mario “Souleye” Treadway
- Odin Reign Carter (boy) – Backstreet Boy Nick Carter and wife Lauren Kitt
- Ray (girl) – Lisa Ling and husband Dr. Paul Song
- Remington Alexander boy – singer Kelly Clarkson and husband Brandon Blackstock
- Rocco Robin Cannavale – actress Rose Byrne and Bobby Cannavale
- River Rocket (boy) – chef Jamie Oliver
- Shaffer Chimere Smith Jr (boy) – Ne-Yo & wife Crystal Smith
- Story Goldberg (boy) – Soleil Moon Frye and producer husband Jason Goldberg
- U – U is for UNKNOWN! Norah Jones gave birth but kept the baby’s gender and name a secret
- Violet – actress Emily Blunt and actor John Krasinski
- Vera Audrey de Ravin-Bilitch (girl) – Emilie de Ravin and boyfriend Eric Bilitch
- Wilder Grace Leonard (girl) – actress Alison Pill and actor Joshua Leonard
- X – we’re giving X to the still unannounced name of the second daughter of notoriously private actors Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively. There also didn’t seem to be any celeb babies born this year with wacky N, P, Q or T names. Know any? Clue us in!
- York Banks Asla (boy) – Tyra Banks and her boyfriend Erik Asla
- Zeppelin Bram (boy) – the other twin baby of Jensen and Daneel Ackles
There you go, A-Z! So out of all of these, what’s your favorite cool crazy name of 2016? Also, did we miss any good celeb babies? Let us know, and HAPPY 2017!
Brr! Here are our top winter baby names, inspired by this chilly season, the holidays, and all that snow we get here in Chicago!
- Aspen – a pretty tree name and a fun winter ski vacation destination!
- Nicholas – just like Jolly Old Saint Nick, a classic Christmas-y name that holds up in all seasons.
- Bianca – this exotic name is not only super pretty, it is Italian for “white” – very snowy!
- Collins – Gaelic for “holly”. Uncommon as a first name and we love it!
- Noelle – French for “Christmas” – ’nuff said!
- Holly – a nature name – for the seasonal green shrub with brightly colored red berries
- Gabriel – in the biblical Christmas story, Gabriel is the name of the angel who visited Mary
- Neve – means “snow” in Italian and Portuguese – double winter whammy!
- Tannon – from “tanne,” the German word for “fir tree” (like the Christmas carol, O Tannenbaum!)
Do you know a baby with a cool winter name? Let us know!
If you need a last minute gift, we can hook you up with an instant gift certificate, just click here! Happy holidays!
I’ve always been a fan of the name Wesley so I was happy to hear our Custom Shop shout out “Is the name Wesley making a comeback?”.Apparently we personalized at least 10 baby gifts today with the name Wesley.
After doing a little research I found out that Wesley is number 126 on this years list of baby boy names. So if you don’t want a name in the top 125, you are good!
I say stay unique, Wesley! There is something cool about not having two (or more) kids look up when your teacher calls your name.
A lot of guys with this cool name:
- Wesley Sneijder, Dutch footballer
- Wes Craven, film director
- Wesley Snipes, actor
- Wesley Kimler, Chicago artist
Featured personalized kids tee is J is for Joy.
Baseball baby names are a fun way to celebrate your love of our national pasttime! Of course, if you’ve got a brand new P’Baby on the way, your new pasttime is going to be going for a new record of longest time gone without sleep… either way, these 11 cool, sporty baby names are a fun choice for a lil’ left-fielder or future shortstop!
- Babe (Ruth) – born George Herman Ruth, this name is one of the most historical sporty we can think of! Not only is Babe up there in the most famous baseball players ever list, there’s also Babe Zacharias, one of the greatest female athletes of all time!
- Mickey (Mantle) – Super cute name for a girl, sometimes spelled Micki or Mikki. For a boy this can be short for Michael, however in Mantle’s case, his name was just plain old Mickey! Hey, Mickey!
- Jackie (Robinson) – more commonly used as a feminine nickname for Jacqueline, Jackie Robinson was born ‘Jack Roosevelt,’ which is a pretty rad name if you ask us.
- Lou (Gehrig) – Lou’s name took quite a journey, he was born Heinrich Ludwig Gehrig, which evolved into Henry Louis and finally “Lou!” Also can be a nickname for Louisa, Louise or Lucy.
- Willie (Mays) – could be a nickname for either a little dude named William or a little lady… Wilhemina!
- Hank (Aaron) – nickname for Henry… this name means “estate ruler.” Or ruler of the outfield, right?!
- Reggie (Jackson) – love this cute name, short for either Reginald, which means “counsel power,” or the girl’s name Regina, which means “queen.”
- Ty (Cobb) – in Ty Cobb’s case, Ty is short for Tyrus, which is one of the more unique names we’ve come across! Kind of sounds like Game of Thrones, doesn’t it?
- Cy (Young) – short for “Cyrus,” which is a Persian name that means “throne.”
- Yogi (Berra) – Yogi’s real name is Lawrence Peter Berra – perhaps Larry or Pete would be a more realistic choice for your baby boy.
- Sandy (Koufax) – another solid choice for either gender, whether you’ve got a Sandra, an Alexander, or a Sanford (Koufax’s given name).
Click here to shop our entire collection of awesome baseball baby gifts, baseball t-shirts for kiddos and even some swag for you soccer baseball moms out there!
baby name meanings via nameberry.com
images courtesy of wikipedia.com
How about an Easter baby name for your springtime P’baby? We love this fun holiday – the cheerful colors, egg hunts, and of course all the candy that seems to materialize out of nowhere! To celebrate, we rounded up this collection of unexpected Easter baby names (with a couple traditional choices thrown in). Does your lil’ chick have a cool Easter name? Let us know, and have a very hoppy holiday!
For your lil’ chick:
- Pascha – a feminine variant of Pascal (see below)
- April – Easter might be on the early side this year, but it often comes in April, which makes this a great choice for your spring baby girl!
- Rachael – traditional Hebrew name which actually means “ewe.” A nice name for your little lady lamb!
- Palma – pretty Spanish name. evokes the palm fronds associated with Easter.
- Lily – a beautiful botanical name. Can’t have Easter without some Easter lilies!
For your lil’ chick magnet:
- Pascal – classic French name meaning Easter.
- Arley – the quirkiest on our list, this English name means “from the rabbit meadow.” We predict this name’s populary to skyrocket!
- Cruz – very hip Spanish name which means “cross.”
- Peter – ok, we’re being a little cheesy, but Peter Cottontail is our favorite rabbit!
Put a special spin on your Easter gifts this year – shop our new collection of custom Easter gift bags and all our cute personalized Easter gifts here!
name meanings courtesy of nameberry.com
The 88th Academy Awards is next week, and we couldn’t help but take a look back at previous winners. It’s amazing how far Hollywood has come in less than a century! Here are ten of our favorite “Oscar-winning” names – perfect if you have theatrical aspirations for your P’Baby!
- Meryl Streep – With 19 total (wow!), she’s scored more nominations than anyone else in Oscar history! Meryl took home Best Actress awards for Sophie’s Choice and The Iron Lady, and a Best Supporting Actress award for her role in Kramer vs. Kramer.
- Jodie Foster – winner of two Best Actress awards for The Accused and Silence of the Lambs.
- Katharine Hepburn – winner of four Best Actress Oscars for The African Queen, Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, The Lion in Winter and On Golden Pond. Shout out to director Kathryn Bigelow, the first woman to ever win a Best Director award!
- Ingrid Bergman – this Swedish beauty is a three time winner with two Best Actress awards and Best Supporting Actress.
- Reese Witherspoon – a Best Actress nominee for Wild, she took home the statue for her role as June Carter Cash in Walk The Line.
- Jack Nicholson – the most nominated male actor in Academy award history, with 12 nominations and 3 wins, including Best Actor for One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and As Good as It Gets.
- Clark Gable – while only nominated for what is probably his most famous performance as Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind, he did score a Best Actor statue for It Happened One Night.
- Daniel Day-Lewis – only actor to have received three wins in the “Best Actor” category, ever! His wins include My Left Foot, There Will Be Blood and Lincoln.
- Forest Whitaker – received “Best Actor” award in 2006 for his work on the intense film The Last King of Scotland
- Robert De Niro – nominated for his work in movies like Cape Fear, Taxi Driver, and the Deer Hunter, De Niro took home a Best Supporting Actor award for his role in The Godfather Part II and a Best Actor for Raging Bull.
Does your baby have a perfect name for a future star? Share with us in the comments and click here to see our picks for best newborn outfit!
all celeb images via wikipedia.com
In honor of the Grammys coming up, we put together a list of 10 of our favorite baby names that double as awesome songs! Check out our top 10 picks and the playlist below for these and more cool names-that-are-also-songs!
View music inspired baby and kids clothes