1. Future Rockstar Maternity Shirt $28.00 | 2. Baby Banz noise proofing headphones | 3. Waterproof concert blanket | 4. Milk, Naps, and Rock N Roll Baby Shirt $20.00 | 5. Mute Button Pacifier White $7.00
Summer festivals are even more fun when you BYOB… bring your own BABY! Here are our picks for mamas & mamas-to-be who are hitting up one of the zillion awesome music fests this summer.
- A cool tee for you,
- Cool tee for the little
- Comfy blanket to lay out on
- Good set of ear protecting headphones
- …and just in case your P’Baby has a great set of lungs and is drowning out the band, a funny paci! What do you take to outdoor concerts? Share your tips with us in the comments!
Check out more rockin’ parents and summer essentials on our Psychobaby Pinterest page.
Summer cooking is all about embracing the season’s fresh veggies and fruit. Don’t waste your night stuck in the kitchen, whip up this crowd (and kid!) pleasing chocolate & fruit dessert, and a refreshing cocktail for the grown-ups!
Summer Fruit with White Chocolate Sauce
- 2 oz white chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 4 cups (1 lb) sliced fruit such as peaches, nectarines or apricots.
- 2 cups (8 oz) mixed berries
Place the chocolate in a food processor or blender. Pour the cream into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Remove from heat when you see tiny bubbles begin to appear and pour the cream over the chocolate. Process the chocolate and cream until smooth. Add the lime zest and process for a few seconds more. Let cool to room temperature. The sauce should be the consistency of thick cream.
Arrange the fruit on a platter and serve with cooled, white chocolate sauce.
Here we used peaches, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, sliced plums and apricots.
Treat the grown-ups to a refreshing light, summery cocktail to go with this delish dish. We like this citrus-inspired wine spritzer! (via Rachael Ray)
- 2 (1/4-inch) slices lemon
- 2 (1/4-inch) slices lime
- Ice cubes
- 4 ounces Pinot Grigio or other white wine
- 2 ounces lemon lime flavored seltzer water
In a large stem glass arrange slices of lemon and lime between ice cubes to fill the glass. Pour 4 ounces of white wine, 1/2 cup, and 2 ounces of sparkling lemon lime seltzer water, 1/4 cup, down over fruit and ice. Stir with cocktail stir-stick or straw and serve – check out our brand new personalized wine glasses for an extra special twist on happy hour!
** For the kiddos- mix some of the lemon-lime fizzy water with a little fruit juice or lemonade and serve in your “fanciest” cup!
Enter YOUR fave summer recipe in our Joy & Chaos contest by tagging your foodie pic #joyandchaossummer or e-mailing your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org – click here for details!
1. Fruit Keg Tapping Kit – $19.99 | 2. DIY Dino Corn-on-the-Cob Holders | 3. Hot Dog Plush Pillow – $14.99 | 4. Personalized Grill Master Apron – $22.00 | 5. Personalized Grill Master Beverage Wrap – $8.00
Summer means BARBECUE! Getcha grill on with our awesome ‘Smokin Hot’ apron and stay chill with a coordinating can coolie. This fruit tap lets you turn a hollowed out watermelon or other melon into a super cute and mega tasty “keg” for your favorite fruit juice or cocktail!
For the kiddos we are in LOVE with this cute hot dog plushie – a perfect pillow to crash out on after a long day in the sun. Before you get the grill going, spend an afternoon making these AWESOME DIY corn holders – you can do dinosaurs, unicorns, horses, anything you’re into!
Click here for more awesome summer stuff – tasty recipes, cool crafts and fun fashion!
1. Sparkly Mermaid Swim Glasses [via Bling20
] | 2. Mermaid Wall Art [via UhOhPasghettio
] | 3. Shell Pool Float [via Urban Outfitters
] | 4. Mermaid Hair Don’t Care Tank Top
[a psychobabyonline.com exclusive item] | 5. Knit Mermaid Doll [via Land of Nod
] | 6. Personalized Mermaid Life Drawstring Backpack
[a psychobabyonline.com exclusive item]
Oh, shell-o there, ladies! Here are a few of our favorite fashion picks and accessories to help you live the mermaid life you were born for. For those of us stuck on the shore, these cute decor ideas, clothing and pool swag let us live out our wildest fin-flipping fantasies.
For even more mer-riffic ideas check out our Mermaid Life pinboard!